4/5 Islamic Studies Class Update
- The incident of the second revelation of surah Muddathir. and with that he sas began preaching to those close to him.
- The early struggles and ridiculing of the prophet and of the muslims including
- Bilal’s torture and phrase of ‘ahudun ahud” in the face of his abuse
- The family of Sumayya, Yasir, and Ammar ibn Yasir and that Sumayya was the first shaheeda in Islam.
- The story of Khabab ibn El Aratt: We complained to Allah’s prophet (of the persecution) and We said to him, “Would you seek help for us? Would you pray to Allah for us?” He said, “Among the nations before you a (believing) man would be put in a ditch that was dug for him, and a saw would be put over his head and he would be cut into two pieces; yet that (torture) would not make him give up his religion. His body would be combed with iron combs that would remove his flesh from the bones and nerves, yet that would not make him abandon his religion. By Allah, this religion (i.e. Islam) will prevail till a traveler from Sana (in Yemen) to Hadrarmaut will fear none but Allah, or a wolf as regards his sheep, but you are all impatient.