4/5 Islamic Studies Class Update
Salamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa baraktu,
This week we covered introduction to aqeedah including:
- The shahada and what the complete meaning is(Negating any other deity and affirming Allah sw, and that none is worthy of worship except Allah sw and no one is worthy of following unconditionally except the prophet sas)
- Iman has three parts to it:(Yaqeen or certainty in the heart, saying the shahada, doing acts proving belief)
- The two parts to tawheed (taheedat uluhiyyah, tawheedat rububiyya) and that both are essentially to complete tawheed
- Hadith Ibn Abbas and the many lessons we can take from it
“O young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice]: Be Mindful of Allah and Allah will protect you. Be Mindful of Allah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, then ask Allah [alone]; and if you seek help, then seek help from Allah [alone]. And know that if the Nations were to gather together to benefit you with anything, they would not benefit you except with what Allah had already written for you. And if they were to gather together to harm you with anything, they would not harm you except with what Allah had already written against you. The Pens have been lifted and the Pages have dried.”
- What are the three questions that we are asked when we die?
- Give the expanded meaning of the complete shahada.
- Name the two aspects of tawheed and what each entails.
Also, some of the parents asked that the lesson plans be emailed weekly. I will send those out and if any parents want to be added they can simply email me so I have their emails: Sharif.firstname.lastname@example.org